Escape from Affluenza: A Movie Review

/
0 Comments
Life has its moments where you are filled with tiredness, frustration, and a sense of loss of meaning with life. Some people believe this is a normal part of life; yet, others believe that this can be attributed to Affluenza and Materialism. Humans, as long as they have existed, has always been fascinated with materials. Tools of handcraft. Books. Yet, in modern America, with the introduction of computers, palm pilots, game boys, PSP, cars and cell phones, it really seems that America has been overtaken by Affluenza. In class, most observed the fact that most of the people in the documentary where those of middle age, from mid-thirties to late fifties. 

This is an important observation because some can make the argument that this documentary isn't really about Affluenza, but rather a well known phenomenon called "the mid age crisis". Yet, the video is quite simple in it's approach. Live life simple. I believe that many will remember this video, but they doubt that they will try to make such changes in their lives now, but maybe later on in life. As for myself, I believe that I am too young to start making these changes, but regardless, it should at least become a practice so that by the time I'm in my early forties I will be able to maintain a simple and healthy way of living that will both benefit myself as well as the environment.


You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.