Day 46: Top 10 Deaf Twitters of 2012, eh, so far...

/
6 Comments
1. Marlee Matlin (221,055 followers): What can I say? I'm not surprised. One of the most famous deaf actress of all time in the world. If you don't know her, then I highly suggest you go on Netflix and type in her name and watch some of her movies. I'm not gonna name them since it's way better for you to find out on your own!

2. Sean Berdy (53,102 followers): Sean is one of the fastest/youngest rising actors in Hollywood right now. I believe that he thinks himself as a actor first and then, secondly, as a deaf actor. He's currently a co-star on the ABC show Switched at Birth.

3. Ashley Fiolek (35,593 followers): Profoundly deaf since birth, Ashley Fiolek, in 2008, became the youngest WMA champion ever by beating five-time WMA Champ Jessica Patterson. On her bio website, she "was the first female rider featured in action on the cover of Transworld Motocross (or any major American motocross publication)! Hella awesome girl!
4. Katie Leclerc (26,057 followers): Another bright star from ABC Switch at Birth show, Katie Leclerc is showing her fans that Switched at Birth is staying strong. At home, Katie loves to cook and according to her website you might randomly find "her hiking away the calories from her sinful concoctions on one of L.A.’s hidden trails".
5. Jule (23,206 followers): An avid German soccer fan who is deaf, Julia Probst has the ability to read the lips of football (or otherwise known has soccer in America) players and coaches on the field. During games, she uses Twitter and types what they are saying and gives her fans information beyond what they would hear on TV. Many believe that her efforts have help raise awareness on deaf issues in Europe.
6. Karen Putz (12, 483 followers): Katen Putz, an excellent writer, has a regular column at the Chicago Triubune TribLocal and Chicago Now, is an inspiration for all people. She has been an inspiration for mothers, athletes, families, and for people who are deaf. Not only that, she's also deaf. You should watch her do barefoot water skiing! It's pretty awesome!
7. Matt Hamill (9,161 followers): I would not want to be in front of this guy if he was in a bad mood. I swear to G-O-D. I met him at a DeafNation Expo and man, I'm glad I'm in good shape, but if I got on his bad side, I'm gonna run like there's no tomorrow! Most people didn't know about Matt until his movie came out, and once it did, man, people from all over the world wanted to meet him in person. Matt, you're gonna be at the Cage tonight, eh? Thank G-O-D that I'm not in it with you!
8. Jack Jason (5,612 followers): Well, the sad news is that Jack Jason isn't deaf; however, his parents are and they're the ones that made him who he is today. According to his Twitter profile, he writes, "Life is short and so am I. Grew up with deaf parents, the TV was the only voice in the house. Now I talk a lot on TV for a living. Way cool". Yeah, way cool. Oh, and by the way, you and Marlee Matlin look good together! 

9. Sean Forbes (5,313 followers): Sean, tell me, how did it go in Ashland, Oregon? I hope well. Nevertheless, for those of you who are wondering, Sean stepped into the limelight in 2006 after he founded D-PAN. He didn't stop there. He followed his dream. Sean signed a record deal with the Bass Brothers who also discovered Eminem as well. Oh yeah, by the way, feel free to send Sean Forbes your opinion on his latest song, "I Love Def Deaf Girls". 
10. Adam Betts (4,011 followers): And I thought I was technical; Adam Betts is the geekiest of all deaf geeks that I know out there. His knowledge ranges from web designs to Photoshop to Tweetbot (what the hell is Tweetbot anyways?). Adam Betts is a technical artist (you should see his office! It's hella awesome!). Adam, just wanted to let you know that I don't use my pinky finger when it comes to issuing the command button, so you don't have to worry about me ;-)

Well, that's it. Well, not necessarily true. Here's some honorable mentions:


11. Deaf Frat Guy: 3,579 Followers
12. Shoshannah Stern: 3,539 Followers
13. Deanne Bray: 2,636 Followers
14. Keith Wann: 2,507 Followers
15. Alison Bryan : 2,233 Followers

Disclaimer: If by any chance I miss anyone, I apologize in advance! Please let me know and I will update this page for any corrections! Thanks! 





You may also like

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! It's an honor being among these great deaf (and sorta deaf Jack!) folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. which just tends to show deaf have no idea how to use twitter for furthering campaigns or equality. Now will people stop lauding twitter as the ultimate way of advancing deaf aspiration ? Hardly any tweets do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post - I think this demonstrates how the Deaf community is indeed building a Twitter community.

    Please forgive MM; he's forgot his meds today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see Karen aka @deafmom on the list. Good list. Had about half and discovered a few new ones. Thanks, Thomsen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie Leclerc isn't deaf either. And either is Keith Wann.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Olalude abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps
    for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him as oduakar1@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,Barrenness(need a child),good Luck voodoo,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.