Why I dislike P3.

/
0 Comments
I had the opportunity last week to play around with Purple new software called P3 and my opinion of the software is that I'm disappointed with this company that could have so much potential. For those of you who do not know who Purple is, here's a snip from their website. 
Purple provides the nation's favorite communication services tailored for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. 
Quite frankly, the software isn't that superior, say for example, if you compare that with, Skype. When I first installed the software, the first thing that I wasn't impressed with was the time it took to load the program. The first time took over two minutes before the software was ready. The second time, it took a minute to load. We're talking about using this program on a modern laptop with Windows XP with excellent memory and processing speed. 

P3 gobbled my memory like stuffing. Most programs take about 25K to 75K for it to run effectively, however, P3 took 125K to 200K. Compare that with Skype, which only took 75K to 95K. I must say that just slows down everything and it was getting frustrating when I wanted to use other programs, but the time lapse between switching between them was just awful. 

You must be thinking: was there anything you did like about the software? Yes. Just one. I must admit that when I made phone calls that the video quality was extremely good. Very clear, very fast and it did not matter if you used wired or wireless internet. 

Yet, I got that same video quality using Skype when I was chatting with friends overseas. I tried having a video call overseas using it with P3, and I must say, the result were somewhat poor. I'm not sure what it was, maybe a software glitch, maybe not enough bandwidth flexibility, or just whatever it was, it just wasted my time. 

Lastly, here's what really got on my nerve. I decided that I no longer wanted P3 on my laptop since I was happy with Skype. I wanted to uninstall it from my computer, but it appears that Purple prevented you from doing that. That ticked me off. I did some extra research to find alternate ways to uninstall the program and while doing that I discovered something interesting. 

I wasn't the only on ticked at Purple for preventing us from uninstalling the software. Thousands were. Wanna see for yourself? All you have to type in Google is 'how do I uninstall Purple P3?'. 

Purple you got some issues. Fix them soon or you'll be losing thousands of clients soon. 

This is why I dislike P3. 

Here's a website I think you'll like or dislike: P3 Software keeps you connected



-- Sent from my Palm Pre



You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.