Virgin America: A first time experience.

/
0 Comments

The old saying goes that there is a first time for everything. First time you had coffee. First time you kissed a girl. First time your drove your own car. The list just goes on and on and on. It would be nice to be paid for this post, but, nevertheless, that’s not going to happen. One, I’m not famous, two, my writing needs major improvements and three, I prefer to voice my own thoughts (whether extremely positive or extremely damming in their own special way).

CIMG0035

The lights. It was the lights that first got my attention. Not really the price (but I still got a amazing round trip price from SFO to SD). Those pink and purple lights. Wait, red lights too! The lights enchanted me. I have to admit that I have never had a hallucination, but with those lights, I felt like I was in a whole different world. I truly believe that it was because of the lights that I was extremely relaxed during the short flight (about an hour and 20 minutes). There’s probably scientific evidence to back this up…

Technology

As part of Generation X, we eat, work, play and sleep with technology. Technology is embedded in our blood. Virgin America is by far one of the most technological advanced airplane I’ve been on. Believe me, you can trust me on this one, I’ve flown all over the world ever since I was born.

The best free feature they had was the ability to make your own personal music playlist. Most amazing! Most airlines, all they offer is radio (which is no more than eight different stations), Virgin America did not only offer fifteen radio stations, but also the ability for you to find your favorite artist and your favorite song from those artists. You could move up or down a song, you could skip a song, you could add and delete a song, and see where you were in the air (Google Maps) while listening to your song without interruption!

CIMG0034

Since the flight was short, I didn’t really want to watch much television, but I did try it out. They offered free satellite television up to 30 channels which is amazing. I thought that you were gonna be charged for watching television, but it was only for the Demand Channels. You also had the option to watch movies as well, but I thought that was a waste of time and money since the flight was short and if I wanted to watch a movie I tend to bring a movie with me that has subtitles or closed caption. I tried to figure out if they offered closed caption or subtitles on Virgin America, but it looks like they didn’t (Remind me next time to ask the flight attendant and to override my ego that thinks it can figure almost everything out!).

Now, the chat feature I’m gonna try on my way back (you see! There’s only so much you can do on a short flight), but I noticed that you can chat with other people on the airplane. Kinda cool. Maybe I should try that and test it on a random stranger, heck, who knows what might happen?

Seats (All-Black Leather seats!)

Okay. Deep breath. It’s nice to know that I’m not exactly lower class since I had nice, comfortable leather seats just like the people do in first class. For the first time in a long time, the airline industry is going somewhere in the right direction. I’m not saying that I’m against the class seating pricing system, it just that it’s nice being treated as one even if I didn’t pay additional $300 for a better seat. This, people, should be the new standard. 

Legroom

The legroom on Virgin America is just slightly better. The reason why I say slightly is because they offer about two inches more than most airlines. Now, if you’re over 6’5 tall, you might need to pay additional for a more comfortable seat.(I know I know, this isn’t fair, but you can’t make everyone happy in this world). But, hey, if you got the moolah, then I would go straight to first class because they have amazing leg and arm room! If I was pretty well off, I wouldn’t mind flying first-class or even joining the club to get special offers to upgrade to first class every once in awhile!

Overall impression

While sitting in the shade at Coffee Bean, pondering what I want to say, I’ve decided to share with you my overall impression: oh, you’re still reading, eh?

Darn. I thought that you had lost interest after reading about the technology available on Virgin America. Shame on me. Shame on me for trying to fool my readers (I do have readers, right?).

Alright, alright. I can’t deny it. I cannot say that I do not have any additional comments to make. The simple fact is this: I’ve fallen in love with Virgin America.

Stay tuned for Virgin America: A second time experience!



You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.