The Sleeping Edge

/
0 Comments
Man, I slept extremely well. I think I slept a total of sixteen years! But like I mentioned in my last post, The Flight's Snake, I needed it badly. Just like I needed sleep badly, I also needed a shower badly! I believe I've found one of the best hostels that has one of the best showers ever! Pressure perfect. Perfect temperature! (Click here to see picture!) I don't think I've found a better way to start the day in Seattle!

Afterwards, I gathered my stuff and headed over next door to Seattle Coffee Works for some delicious coffee and a bagel with cream cheese. Armed with my ipod, (especially at an incredible loud volume) my laptop, I am able to get tons of work done!

After chillin at Seattle Coffee Work for the last two and half hours, I decided to call it quits to get some fresh air and go out for a walk along the boardwalk in downtown Seattle. You know, it's awesome not being far from the Pier. I slightly walked along Pike Pier, but the crowd was too much for me, so I figure I'll come back another time when it's alittle less crowded (extremely unlikely though)! I checked out Pike Brewery, which is really cool, so I think I'm gonna stop by there later tonight to check out their beer and get some dinner there. I, then, decided to get closer to the waterfront. 



Today, well, isn't exactly an amazing day in Seattle, since there's overcast of clouds, but hey, I'm not complaining since it's not raining, and believe me, it rain alot in Seattle, so I'd take overcast clouds with a possibility of sun anyday, anytime, and anywhere. Alright, back to the waterfront. The waterfront is quite nice. Plenty of places where you can grab something to eat along the way. Like most waterfront, it's a great place to take a nice long walk to help you clear your mind. Now, I only saw one sailboat out on the water, but then again, on a sunny, beautiful day, I'm sure there would be hundreds of them! 

As I walked along the waterfront, I couldn't help but showing my surprise, or I should say, I wasn't surprised to see a Starbucks on the waterfront. No, seriously, I was extremely surprised! Nevertheless, to my surprise, I kept walking and passed Starbucks, but I did take afew shots while walking by. Hey, I needed the exercise! Alright, I'll stop by later this afternoon to get my Starbucks fix for the day, as you can already tell, I'm addicted! My golden rule of the thumb: one cup of coffee a day, no more, but it should actually be: One Starbucks Coffee a Day! :-) Now, I'm having second thoughts...nah! I'll stop by later this afternoon and check out the place and see if I can meet some cool people. Hey, it's true, you never know who might meet at Starbucks. You'd be surprised. I remember last year, I stopped by a Starbucks in the smack of Oklahoma City and guess what? A friend that I went to college with at University of Oregon was working there! I mean, right when I walked in, I heard this scream and I was looking around to find out who scream and before I knew it I was hugging a barista/friend! It was awesome and crazy at the same time! 

Anyways, back to the waterfront, after passing Starbucks, I saw a ferry transport station. I decided that I wanted to get a good look at what the city looked like from the viewpoint of the water. Plus, I wanted to check out a new app that I downloaded on my iTouch called Photosynth. Photosynth is a powerful set of tools for capturing and viewing the world in 3D. You can share these views with your friends on Facebook, publish them to Bing Maps, or embed them in your own Web site.

So, here's my shot that I took with the software. I think it's pretty cool! 




You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.