Lonely Thought

/
0 Comments
Continuation of the previous story: Forty-five minutes later, I was in an apartment with my friend’s family, the future bride-to-be, and with two other bridesmaids. What conspired in the next twenty-four hours turned out to be an adventure that I would never forget.
The tiniest details should be the very moments that one should remembers. For it is these memories that will last forever in our minds and within our hearts. After arriving to the apartment, I learned that the future groom still had some last minute errands to do. Not only that, but one of his bride’s cousin still needed to do some last minute shopping for the wedding. After a quick snack/light dinner, we met up with them outside of the apartment complex.

In front of us, there waited a 1986 Honda Accord with the groom, his bride cousin and the groom brother. I quickly recognized the groom in the front seat and quickly entered the back seat of the car. The groom introduced me to the bride cousin and from there, we set on to get business done: a professional trim.

The drive took about half an hour, but according to the groom, it was worth the drive since the guy that done his trim before did such a good job that when he told him that he was getting married that he’d love to do it again for him. What we all didn’t realized was just how good this guy was until we got there. Of course, the groom went first. So while we waited, three of us decided to check out the local area to see if there was any liquor stores around for the second bachelor party for that night.

Two obvious truth were discovered: Liquor stores are never open on Sundays and because of Washington State Law, major distribution stores such as Fred Meyers, Safeway, etc, were forbidden to sell hard liquor.
Bummer.

We headed back to the Barber Shop. I must say that I was extremely impressed with the work they did on the groom, so impressed that I decided to get one for myself. I believe, at that point, that there was no question, without a doubt, that I would be attending the wedding. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of what I had looked like prior to the trim, but if I had done so, you would of totally noticed the significant changes afterwards and you know what? I looked good :-)

Next, we went to several stores to get last minutes stuff that I do not really want to go into details about since, well, it’s meaningless.

Remember, this is about the tiny, important memories that you want to remember.

Thus, after all the last minute shopping, the groom had to drop off some ‘important, critical’ items at a friends’ place. On the way there, well, let’s just say that the groom had a few surprises up his sleeves for his buddies! Taking the poor Honda Accord (remember, it’s old!), up to 50 mph in a 30 mph zone and then deciding to turn off the headlights in a area with no lamps on the road! (Note: we did tell him to slow down and reminded him that he was going to get married the next day!) You know what? I’m just glad I had my seatbelt on and there was a handlebar that I could hold onto for dear life! But, after that we dropped off the ‘items’, he decided to go into a church parking lot and do some major burning of the tires (now, that was fun since we were going in circles!)!

Good memories.

Zooming through the parking garage, zipping past parked cars, my mind watched the variety of colors of cars pass by, my eyes slowly turned to the left to the front of the car and in front of us, large grey bricks seems to become larger and larger by the minute. My eyes started to widen ever more slowly. He jerked the car to the right and slammed on the brake, the loud squealing of the brakes echoed in my left ear, and within that moment, I took a breath and sighed with relief.

The rest of night flowed beautifully.

Plenty of beers. A good long heart to heart talk with a close friend. Three to four hours of Call of Duty on Xbox. Losing. Twice. Blame it on heavy intoxication.

Passed out.

It is these memories that will last forever in our minds and within our hearts.


You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.