Mozzeria

/
4 Comments


Two days ago, I had the opportunity to find out what was all the buzz was really about.

Now, I can see why this restaurant is starting to get headlines all over the United States as well getting international raves through unique channels. About a month and half ago, two of my colleague decided to try out something new for our students: What would it be like to order food in ASL? However, most restaurants do not have an environment where they are required to use ASL or write on paper what they would like to order. However, when we heard that a new restaurant opened called Mozzeria...we knew it would be the perfect environment for our ASL students. Why? It was owned by two deaf owners and their staff are required to know or must be willing to learn ASL.

I stood outside the misty cold San Francisco weather waiting for my two other colleagues to show up. We wanted to be there early to make sure that any students who showed up early could give the parents reassurance that all was good. Mozzeria is a quite small restaurant; it was designed specifically this way because they wanted a European feel to it. The decor is simple and sleek; the lighting extremely good (this is perfect for those who are deaf/hard of hearing who know ASL). They had a mixture of unique furnishing (red chairs with black tables) with industrial-style bar stools. 

With a beautiful smile, the host (who is also the co-owner) signed to us if we had a reservation. We signed back that we did. Since we arrived early, I think it was quite amusing to watch the students expressions as they tried to sign back to the host and their servers as well! As I chatted with my colleague, she shared with me that she had visited Mozzeria a week ago with her husband and loved it. I looked over the menu and knew exactly what I wanted to order; I had heard that the Mozzeria Bar was quite famous. Delicious. The tomato sauce. So good that I wanted to lick the plate clean. Our server name was Roxy; she was caring, bubbly, and friendly. She's a student at San Francisco State University who is majoring in psychology. According to their website blog, Roxy's favorite at Mozzeria is the Margherita pizza with mozzarella di Buffala!  
"How could you go wrong, it's the basic of every pizza!"~Roxy
For three long tortuous weeks I was finally excited to finally order pizza! Margherita with fresh mozzarella. I ate half of it since both I and my colleague were on a diet, but man, I wanted to eat it all there and then! 

I truly wanted to take pictures, but got myself caught up chatting with my students and students from two other schools who wanted to get to know us and our life stories. :-) 

I loved the food, ambiance, and the staff! And will be going back soon! 



You may also like

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! That sounds like a cool place to visit the next time I'm in The City! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of hundreds...;-) Thanks for your comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go there when I am up north! I have received recommendations from friends who have gone there to check it out. I will have to take your word for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gives yu a great oppotunity to be a witness for Jesus..auntie melissa

    ReplyDelete

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.