I can cook RICE!

/
0 Comments


For the longest time, I swear I didn't know how to cook rice. Well, now, I got it down ;-) I put too much salt my first time...

I'm not worried, I have the rest of my lifetime to perfect the art of cooking rice. No more of using the fast microwavable rice bowls. I can now cook and make my own specialty. Dates are gonna be extremely impressed and it's gonna be fun having friends over to cook for. I should of paid more attention to how my mother cooks, but you know how it is, the kitchen is her domain. Her domain = her space. You needed to get permission to go into the kitchen. She only had one rule: You can look, but you cannot touch/taste the food. If you were caught, you had a nice red marking of a slotted spoon! I think I should take up cooking school sometime. Or even better, maybe ask my own mother to teach me our family secrets. I swear, for every penny I own, I'd be a millionaire if my mother decided to publish a cookbook.

There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. ~Logan Pearsall Smith


You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.