Marketing on Facebook

/
0 Comments
This week I decided to give Facebook Ad a try. Not for for myself or for my blog, but rather as a beta test to see how well Facebook Ad works in getting new fans for a particular fan page that I’m not inclined to identify. Working on a extremely tight budget, it was decided that I would not spend more than $1.50 a day for advertising on Facebook. Since this test would only last a week, that would mean that I would not spend more than $10 dollars for the test. Here’s the results:
marketing
Quite frankly, I was surprised with the results since the results were mixed. The number of impressions that we got was significantly high, however, the number of clicks were significantly low.  There were four different ads. One ran for one week only and then the other three ran for single days only.


Some of the ads were quite simple; while others were pretty creative as well.


With all the impressions that we were able to get with the limited amount allocated, the ad was only able to generate five (5) clicks and two (2) new fans. Like I mentioned before, not a significant amount, but still impressive.


My next test will to be to have just one ad running, but to change the information on the ad on a daily basis rather than to have four different ads with four different statements.


With that in mind, the next test confirmed my theory. It is way better to outreach using one ad, but to change the ad on a daily basis rather than to have four different ads running at the same time. Take a look at the stats below:
stat 1
stat 2

In terms of stat/impression, it did the most:
stat 3

Now, one thing: I’m happy I put a limit on how much I spent for the ad. No more than $10. That’s not bad for at least 50,000 impressions!


You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.