Okay, you're burned out, I understand, but...

/
0 Comments

The pistols are coming out from all angles. The question marks are looming upon you. The dreams, each night, gives you headaches. Maureen Dowd of the New York Times is starting to second guess you by using satire by using Abraham Lincoln speech and do a lazy DJ mixology of your shortcomings.   Do I really care? Yes and no. 

The problem that I'm having right now is that the concept of you being a loner in the Oval Office is, well, not what expected. What I expected for was someone to bring this nation together. What I expected for was for someone to give the United States, one of the greatest countries in the world, the confidence its needs to be great again. Yet, ISIS happened. Then, Ferguson. Then Ebola. Then, Putin. Then Chinese fighter pilot decided to be the next Top Gun. 

Yes, this is your second term. But you need to understand that some of the greatest presidents did some of their most iconic stands during their second terms. I don't have to remind you who they are. Can I safely assume that to become President of the United States that you have studied some of the best POTUS and what they did in their second terms to be successful? You need to remember that Congress is your best friend. You need to remember that the Supreme Court is your best friend. As a professor of the Constitution, you need to remember that going the Founding Father "worked together" to find a common ground. 

So help me help you to Golf better. For Maureen Dowd forgot to understand that Golf is a game of patience. Something that she has long forgotten to tame herself to understand. 

Yes, I am disappointed that you didn't do better to save an American journalist from being beheaded by ISIL. Yes, I am disappointed that you sent Eric Holder to save face for Ferguson. But, that doesn't prevent me from believing that you can do better. Actually, I'll be more personal, I was piss off that you let ISIL behead an American journalist. And I know that hundreds of thousands of American like me feel that way. I also know that you have the great might of the American militarily who are equally piss-off as I am about ISIS. These great American men and women want a leader to lead them to show ISIS that they don't know who they are messing with. 

Why isn't it that now the Islamic State is painted as a greater threat to the United States than al-Qaeda? Why has it come to the question now?? The answer seems to be that you are starting to turn your back against your most senior foreign policy and military advisers. Why?  

Are you being cautious? Are you trying to kill two birds with a stone? Or are you just burned out? 

The New York Times Editorial Board has called out on you about ISIS. In fact, they believe that defeating ISIS will require a military operation. Well, they didn't say that in those own words, they actually said, "organized, longer-term response". Lame, they should call it as it is. A military operation. Yes, you are being cautious, since, laying out a coherent vision of how to stop "this cancer so that it does not spread", will have double edge sword. Why? Because if Saudi Arbia's highest religious authority, the grand mufti, calls ISIS and Al Qaeda the "enemy No. 1 of Islam" then something needs to be done. 

Doing nothing is not an option and being burned out, is not an option either. 


You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.