What's the longest commute you would consider?

/
2 Comments

Amtrak.

Why does it take a f****** long time for me to travel to San Fransisco, CA to Portland, Oregon? 22 f******* hours. Pardon my French, but don't we live in the 21st century? I want a high speed train that is worth the cost and the time that I paid for. Why is it that I can fly halfway across the world to Austrilia at the price Amtrak ask for a 700 mile trip? It just retarded. If I was the Office of the Secretary of the US Department of Transportation, I would shut down Amtrak. I would start up from the ground up and develop a high speed train system in the United States.

I think Amtrak should go. It is simply not worth the cost of what we spend to keep it alive. Yes, it is part of our national heritage, but it's time for Amtrak to retire. The technology is outdated. The tracks are out of shape and the steel needs to be updated. Seriously. Hopefully, President Obama is doing exactly that. Maybe not the way I want him to, but he's doing something about it. I just hope that stimulus money does not go to waste since the success of a whole new way of transportation will, and can, change the United States.

Amtrak needs to go.


You may also like

2 comments:

  1. No matter if Amtrak stays or goes, the situation is the same as Americans are not Europeans. They rather have cheap, efficient and effective car for mobilization.

    If you start a new company, you would need to ask the government and most politicians there are not willing to assist you with sufficient cash for start up.

    Technology itself is not the problem but the mind of Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fan has recommended this link, check it out: You may enjoy this: Amtrak Sucks

    ReplyDelete

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.