World War Z: a movie review

/
0 Comments

So my girlfriend finally got her wish: she wanted to see World War Z.  I on the other hand wasn't all that excited about it.  The earlier reviews were mixed.  Thus,  I wanted to wait until it came out on either Redbox or Netflix because I didn't want to spend $40 for the whole movie experience and then be mad at myself for wasting my money and time. 

She kept asking to go see it and I kept putting it off... But then,  she got confident and decided since it was already out on Redbox that she surprised me!

Movie night tonight!

Now the review: I think the movie wasn't that bad.  I think it needs more improvement in the dialogue as well as the general overall storyline.  The storyline is quite vague a day there wasn't enough information for the audience to take away from the movie.  Especially at the end of the movie...

The acting was pretty solid for the most part,  but I felt that it needed more fun moments to get the audience to feel like if it was them in the movie they would need a fun,  strange sense of humor with all that is going on.

The computer graphics were awesome,  but at times,  I felt that in some scenes in the movie they were unrealistic.  However,  I can understand why most of the movie needed that much computer graphics.  Point said,  I think the second part should focus more on the storyline and focus more on the human elements of the movie. 

To be honest,  there were not really tons of classic or memorable lines in the movie,  only one I thought that was memorable is one of the scenes in movie... At the end,  when Brad Pitt finally takes a break and gets a sip of Pepsi. 

My vote 3/5 stars.



You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.