On the ellicipical after a strenuous ...

/
0 Comments
On the elliptical after a strenuous ten minutes of working out, the State of Union by President Obama began. I fumbled with my headphones to put them in the electronic radio that 24 Hours Fitness provides so that you can hear what being said on television in front of you. I put in my headphones and tried to turn up the volume, but as kept pushing up on the volume control panel, it wasn't working! Frustrated, I put my headphones back into my iTouch and listened to my music while working out. Yet, at the same time, I turn my neck to the left to watch the State of Union by President Obama that had closed captioned. He was already five minutes into his speech and my neck started to feel straining from the unusual position of watching and working out. Oh, the things we do just to listen to the most powerful man in the world! Nevertheless, I need to know what President Obama was saying since regardless of what other people think, I think it has a profound affect on our lives whether you believe it or not. 

What surprised me the most during the speech was when Judge Alto mouth the words "not true" and it was caught on television. Seriously, you do not have to be an expert on reading lips. If you been reading the newspapers or keeping yourself informed via blogs, then you know what I'm talking about. If not, here's a short recap: 

“Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests – including foreign corporations – to spend without limit in our elections,” Obama said. “Well I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. They should be decided by the American people, and that’s why I’m urging Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to right this wrong.”

VIDEO... Justice Alito can be seen shaking his head and mouthing words that seem to resemble “not true.”

There are several various interpretations on the Supreme Court ruling. Yet, I do not see myself as an expert in the ways of the law. For that, it would require too much of my time doing the research, arguing and making a case for my own interpretation. So, I invite you to do your own research and for you to come up with your own interpretation. However, with President Obama, his interpretation, is quite clear. As he plainly said in his speech, "the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests – including foreign corporations – to spend without limit in our elections". We can all understand why President Obama is upset with the Supreme Court ruling. Heck, I'm disappointed with the Supreme Court ruling. Those laws were there to protect the American people interests without giving special circumstances to America's most powerful interests who might also might not be from America. What part of this is "not true"? Or, is it really true

Like I said, you come up with your own interpretation. On this one, I'm stuck in the middle. 


You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.