Day 59: Finally out of the 60s!

/
0 Comments
Finally out of the 60's days! Man, that has been ten intense days of blogging (except for the few days that I missed due to being a host, but I made that up!). This week has gotten to an interesting start. Another old friend is in town from Boston and while hanging out with that friend, I randomly meet another old friend that I went to college with at RIT on the streets of Mission in SF! Talk about a crazy start!



Nevertheless, this week has been off to some much needed education that I need in order to teach my students better in the future (aka this coming year). So, last month, I learned about an program that would be provided for free from Adobe.com. This opportunity would be to learn how do use Digital Multimedia in the classroom (such as video editing, Photoshop, Web Design) and teach it to middle to high school. This program is called Adobe Youth Voices (AYV) in which they aim  empower youth in underserved communities around the globe with real-world experiences. According to their website, Adobe aims, "
With a focus on empowering youth, Adobe Youth Voices supports young people in and out of school and encourages the use of cutting-edge multimedia tools to communicate and share their ideas, demonstrate their potential, and take action where they live.".
Now, I cannot tell you exactly what I'm learning, nor can I post material that I was given, but I can tell you that I'm learning tons! I can tell you that what I'm learning I am getting for free. Yes, that's right. A week long full of education for free paid by Adobe since I qualified under their Educator Program. I wish I could share with you everything that I'm learning. Maybe I will. Bits and pieces. During this time, I've been using this awesome app for my iPad called InClass. This app has made taking notes and putting all my documents into one collaborative unit. It also keeps track of what homework, quizzes, and finals are coming up. Not that I'll be taking any quizzes or finals for this class, but it has been a great tool to help me retain what I'm learning and I can even listen to the class (while taking notes too!) again if I wanted to hear what was discussed if I was out of the classroom for a quick restroom break! 





You may also like

No comments:

If you want to include any links in the comments section, you must put it in HTML format. If you don't know how to do that, please refer to this site. HTML Links

I do not pre-moderate any comments and welcome all kinds of thoughts- supportive, dissenting, critical or otherwise.

I will not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:

is abusive
is off-topic
contains ad-hominem attacks
promotes hate of any kind
uses excessively foul language
is blatantly spam


All comments are filtered through spam filtering technology; the spam-filtering technology isn’t perfect and from time to time it flags legitimate emails (false positives).

If you find that your comment isn’t immediately showing up, it may have been erroneously flagged as spam. Please email me at youngthomsen(@)gmail(dot)com to follow up on the status of your comment if it hasn’t shown up after 24 hours and I will do my best to sort it out.